Green Bean and Tomato Salad
Kitchen Cue: To serve this Green Bean and Tomato Salad as a main-dish salad, add 1-1/2 pounds grilled shrimp and/or scallops.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved or small, or heirloom tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 recipe Sonoma Diet Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried, crumbled
1. Cook green beans in a large pot of salted boiling water until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain. Submerse in ice water immediately to stop cooking; drain well.
2. Toss beans, tomatoes, and red onion with vinaigrette and basil in a large bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)4,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Yield: about 1/3 cup (five 1-tablespoon servings) Prep 5 mins Start to Finish 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. 1. Combine vinegar and shallot in a small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Whisk in mustard. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly until combined. Whisk in salt and pepper. Makes about 1/3 cup (five 1-tablespoon servings).