Green Bean, Corn, and Three Potato Salad
- 6 ears corn, shucked
- 3/4 pound haricots verts (French green beans) or fresh thin green beans, trimmed
- 4 pounds assorted small potatoes (new, fingerlings, and purple)
- 4 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 roasted poblano chiles, peeled, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add salt. Add corn and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes; transfer to a large bowl of ice and cold water, reserving water in pot. Add beans to reserved boiling water and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes; drain in a colander and transfer to bowl of ice and cold water. Place potatoes in pot, add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches and bring to a boil; add salt. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are fork-tender, about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar and mustard in a large bowl; salt and pepper to taste. Whisk in oil in a slow stream until thickened and emulsified, for vinaigrette.
3. Drain potatoes in colander and rinse under cold water until just warm. Halve warm potatoes and immediately transfer to bowl with vinaigrette, tossing to combine. Halve beans and add to bowl. Cut corn kernels from cob and transfer to bowl along with roasted chile and chives; toss to combine. Makes 16 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 16
- Fat, total(g)8,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!