Ham and Cheese Salad with Creamy Caraway Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 head green or red leaf lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces (about 12 cups, loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 pound Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
1. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, mayonnaise, lemon juice, caraway seeds, salt, and pepper. Whisk thoroughly until well-blended and creamy. Set aside.
2. In a large serving bowl combine ham, lettuce, parsley, onion, cucumber, and cheese. Toss with dressing, add walnuts and serve immediately. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)43,
- sat. fat(g)14,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!