Insalata di Mare
- 3 cups water
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 pound sea scallops, halved
- 1 pound medium shrimp (24)
- 1 1/2 pounds cleaned squid, cut into 1/4-inch rings
- 24 mussels, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup Gaeta or Nicoise olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
1. Heat water, lemon, and peppercorns in large saucepan to boiling. Add scallops and cook over medium heat 2 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer scallops to large bowl. Return liquid to boiling; add shrimp and cook covered 4 minutes over medium heat. With slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to colander. Cool.
2. Meanwhile, reheat liquid to boiling; add squid and cook until squid is just opaque, 1 minute. Add squid to scallops. Reheat liquid to boiling; add mussels and cook covered over high heat 2 minutes. Transfer opened mussels to plate. Cover and cook any remaining mussels 1 minute more, transferring opened mussels to plate. Discard any unopened mussels.
3. Peel and devein shrimp; add to bowl with scallops. Remove mussels from shells; add to bowl with scallops.Make Dressing::
4. Stir all dressing ingredients together in small bowl.
5. Add Dressing and olives to seafood mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
6. At serving time, stir in parsley. Transfer to serving platter and garnish with lemon wedges. Makes 12 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare salad. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)10,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet