Jicama and Orange Salad
Jicama is a root vegetable with a crunchy white flesh and a light, sweet flavor. It tastes great with the oranges, red onion, and cumin seed in this side salad.
Yield: 3-1/2 cups Prep 20 mins
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 oranges, peeled and white pith removed, cut into segments
- 2 cups peeled and diced jicama
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin seed
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
1. Place onion in a sieve and rinse under hot water for 1 minute; drain and pat dry on paper towels. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients and toss until well combined. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
- Servings Per Recipe 7
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet