Lentil and Orzo Salad
- 1 pound French green lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 1/2 pound (1-1/4 cups) dried orzo pasta
- 1 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring lentils and 6 cups water to boil in medium saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions; drain. Transfer to large bowl.
3. Combine orzo, onions, oil, vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper in bowl. Stir in lentils. Cool to room temperature before serving. Makes 8 to 10 main-dish servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare salad. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before serving.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)14,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!