Lobster and Citrus Salad with Spicy Greens and Chive Cream
- 1 navel orange
- 1 medium pink grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 1 1/2pound lobster, cooked (6 oz. cooked lobster meat)
- 2 cups mesclun (gourmet salad greens)
- Fresh chives, for garnish
1. With small, sharp knife, cut away peel and white pith from orange and grapefruit; cut between membranes to remove sections (reserve orange pulp). Set sections aside.
2. Squeeze juice from remaining orange pulp and reserve 2 tablespoons. (Discard any extra orange juice.) Whisk oil, 1 teaspoon of the minced chives, the parsley, 1/8 teaspoon of the salt, the pepper, and the reserved 2 tablespoons orange juice in small bowl. Set aside.
3. Combine creme fraiche, remaining 1 teaspoon minced chives and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Set aside.
4. Crack lobster claws and remove claw meat in one piece. Remove tail, cut in half lengthwise and remove lobster meat.
5. Arrange 1 cup mesclun on each of 2 serving plates. Top each plate with 1 lobster tail and claw. Arrange the orange and grapefruit sections around the mesclun. Drizzle dressing over the lobster and mesclun. Place small dollops of creme fraiche mixture around edge of plate and garnish with chives. Makes 2 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 2
- Fat, total(g)11,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet