Mango Chicken Salad
This cool, tropical main-dish salad is dressed with cilantro-lime mayonnaise. Using ready-to-eat roasted or rotisserie chicken and prepared sliced mango are great ways to trim time.
- 1 whole prepared fully cooked chicken (2 lbs.)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced, with seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 26 ounce jar chilled mango slices, drained and cut into chunks
- 1 10 ounce bag mixed salad greens
- 1 12 ounce package pita bread, cut into wedges
1. Remove meat from chicken. Coarsely shred the chicken and discard skin and bones.
2. Combine mayonnaise, lime peel and juice, onions, cilantro, jalapeno, salt and sugar in medium bowl.
3. Stir chicken and mango into mayonnaise mixture. Divide greens among 6 serving plates; arrange 2/3 cup chicken salad on each. Serve with pita bread. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)17,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet