Marinated Vegetable Salad
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 ounce can (19 oz.) chickpeas, drained (1/4 cup liquid reserved)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower, pepper, tomatoes, chickpeas, and reserved chickpea liquid. Stir so all vegetables are well coated.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper until well blended. Pour over vegetables and toss well. Cover and let marinate at room temperature for 2 hours, or refrigerate for up to 48 hours, stirring occasionally.
3. Transfer marinated vegetables to a large serving bowl. Just before serving, stir in cheese, lettuce, and basil. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)41,
- sat. fat(g)15,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet