Shrimp, Corn, and Goat-Cheese Pasta Salad
- 1 pound large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 pound grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces orzo (small, rice-shaped pasta)
- 2 cups torn butter lettuce
- 2 ounces soft mild goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus wedges for garnish
1. Rinse and pat shrimp dry. Heat 1-1/2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking; cook shrimp, stirring, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Wipe skillet clean and add remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons oil. Cook corn with tomatoes, stirring, until just tender, about 3 minutes. Add corn mixture to bowl, salt and pepper to taste and let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Cook pasta in a 4-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain pasta well in a fine sieve and add to bowl with remaining ingredients, tossing to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with lime wedges. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)12,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!