Shrimp Salad Nicoise
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons water
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 6 ounces haricots verts (French green beans) or fresh thin green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 pound frozen shelled and deveined large shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 pound small (1-1/2 inches in diameter) new potatoes
- 4 large heads Bibb or 2 small heads Boston lettuce, trimmed, leaves separated and torn slightly
- 2 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 loaf crusty bread (optional)
1. Whisk together vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until emulsified and thickened. Whisk in water, then shallot; salt and pepper to taste, for vinaigrette.
2. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil; add salt. Add beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl filled with ice and cold water, reserving water in saucepan. Add shrimp to reserved boiling water and cook until pink and opaque, about 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl with ice and cold water. Drain beans and shrimp; pat both dry.
3. Place potatoes in a clean saucepan, cover with cold water by 2 inches and bring to a boil; add salt. Simmer until potatoes are tender but not falling apart, about 15 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; halve. Separately arrange beans, shrimp, potatoes, and lettuce on a large serving platter. Peel and quarter eggs; tuck into lettuce.
4. Drizzle vinaigrette over all; salt and pepper to taste. Serve with bread, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)12,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet