Spicy Cucumber Salad
Thin strips of cucumber are seasoned with rice vinegar, red pepper, and ginger for this chilled side dish.
- 1 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 4 pounds seedless cucumbers, halved crosswise
1. Whisk together vinegar, pepper flakes, and ginger in a large bowl for dressing.
2. Using a vegetable peeler, cut cucumber lengthwise into ribbons and add to bowl with dressing, tossing to combine; salt to taste. Chill at least 15 minutes, stirring once, before serving. Makes 8 servings.