Spinach and Lentil Salad with Toasted Walnuts
- 1/2 cup brown or French lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped scallion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 6 cups torn spinach leaves, tough stems removed
- 12 ounces cooked, boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1/4 cup Sonoma Red Wine Vinaigrette (see Recipe Center)
1. Bring lentils and 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until lentils are tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain lentils and place in a medium bowl. Stir in bell pepper, scallion, parsley, and walnuts.
2. Divide spinach among 4 serving plates. Top with lentil mixture and chicken. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)14,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!