- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pound sweet onions, such as Vidalia, Walla Walla, or red onions, cut into 1/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1 pint red and yellow pear-shaped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped, or 1 teaspoon dried with 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Heat skillet over low heat. Add cumin seeds and toast 1 to 2 minutes, just until fragrant. Transfer to large bowl.
2. Place onion wedges in large strainer; rinse under cold running water. Drain well; add to bowl with cumin. Stir in onions, tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, tarragon, salt and pepper. Cover and let stand 1 hour before serving. Makes 8 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare as directed above except cover and refrigerate overnight after tossing together. Remove from refrigerator 2 hours before serving.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)4,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet