Trout with Pepper Salad
- 4 trout (12 oz, each), with heads removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow, green), seeded and quartered
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 12 - 14 ounce large bunch fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Oil and heat grill. Sprinkle skin and cavity of each trout with salt and pepper.Make pepper salad::
2. Toss peppers with 1 tablespoon oil. Grill 6 minutes per side, until charred and tender. Wrap peppers in foil; let stand 5 minutes. Remove peel from peppers, cut into strips and toss in bowl with 1 tablespoon oil and remaining ingredients.
3. Meanwhile, grill trout 6 minutes per side, until fish turns opaque. Remove skin from each trout and discard.
4. Toss spinach with oil and lemon juice in bowl; divide between four serving plates. Arrange fish on spinach; top each trout with peppers. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)19,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!