Ham and Cheese Panini
Yield: 8 sandwiches Prep 20 mins Start to Finish 20 mins
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 8 inches hoagie or Italian rolls, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup fig jam
- 3/4 pound Taleggio and Brie cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced ham or prosciutto
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1. Brush 1 tablespoon oil on each cut side of roll tops. Spread out sides of roll bottoms with jam, top with cheese, then ham and basil; cover with tops.
2. Toast in a panini machine (following manufacturer's directions) or in a lightly oiled grill pan over moderate heat (pressing down on sandwich with a heavy skillet or sturdy metal spatula) turning once, until bread is golden brown and cheese begins to melt, about 4 minutes.
3. Cut sandwiches in half and serve immediately. Makes 8 sandwiches.
- Fat, total(g)33,
- sat. fat(g)11,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!