Panini with Grilled Mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large portabella mushroom caps
- 4 small crusty rolls or ciabatta rolls, split
- 6 ounces ricotta salata or mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 1 small bunch arugula, trimmed
- 2 medium beefsteak tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1. Heat grill. Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, pepper, and salt in small bowl. With a knife or a teaspoon, gently scrape away the gills (the black portion underneath the caps) from each mushroom.
2. Brush both sides of mushrooms with oil mixture. Grill mushrooms, 5 minutes per side, until tender. Transfer to cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
3. Place one slice of ricotta on bottom half of each roll. Divide and top each evenly with mushrooms, arugula, and tomatoes. Cover with tops of rolls. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)23,
- sat. fat(g)8,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!