Smoked Turkey Reuben with Green Apple
Yield: 4 sandwiches Prep 20 mins Start to Finish 30 mins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound sliced smoked turkey
- 1 cup drained sauerkraut
- 6 ounces thinly sliced Gruyere or Jarlsberg cheese
1. Whisk together mayonnaise, ketchup, shallot, relish, and mustard in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Spread mayonnaise mixture on one side of each bread slice. Layer apple and turkey slices on half of bread, mayonnaise side up. Top with sauerkraut, cheese, and remaining bread, mayonnaise side down.
2. Preheat a panini machine until hot and grill sandwiches, in batches, until cheese melts and bread is golden brown. Makes 4 sandwiches.
- Fat, total(g)40,
- sat. fat(g)13,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!