Fresh Cranberry Sauce
Apples, brandy, pecans and an orange turn traditional cranberry sauce into something extra special for the holidays.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 large granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 navel orange, half of peel zested
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 ounce brandy (optional)
- 1 pinch allspice
1. In a food processor, pulse together cranberries and apple until coarsely chopped; transfer to a medium bowl. Peel orange and separate into segments, removing membrane. Coarsely chop segments and squeeze juice from membrane (discard membrane). Add orange, juice, zest, sugar, nuts, brandy (if using) and allspice to cranberry-apple mixture; stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve chilled. Makes 12 to 14 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12
- Fat, total(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet