Asian Grilled Tuna Sandwich
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 4 5 - 6 inches tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared wasabi paste*
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 slices Tuscan bread, lightly toasted
- 3 cups packed mesclun salad greens, watercress or other mixed salad greens (4 oz.)
- Sesame noodles (optional)
1. Heat grill pan.
2. For the vinaigrette, combine the rice wine vinegar, ginger, sugar and shallot in a small bowl; set aside
3. Brush tuna with oil; sprinkle with salt. Grill on medium heat 2-1/2 minutes to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Set aside; keep warm.
4. For the Asian Mayonnaise, combine all mayonnaise, soy sauce, wasabi paste and garlic in cup. Spread evenly on four slices bread; set aside.
5. Toss salad greens with vinaigrette in bowl; divide and arrange evenly on remaining bread slices. Arrange tuna steaks on greens. Top with reserved bread. Cut sandwiches in half. Serve with sesame noodles, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- To test for medium heat, you should be able to hold your hand over the coals at the height of the food for 4 seconds before you have to pull away.
- Available in specialty markets.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)24,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!