Citrus-Baked Sea Bass
- 4 sea bass fillets (4 to 5 oz. each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red onion, cut in half
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup finely diced jicama
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh jalapeno chile
- 2 oranges, peeled
1. Heat oven to 400 degree F. Sprinkle fish with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Place fish in glass baking dish. Cut one onion half into thin slices. Cut one line half into 4 thin slices. Arrange lime and onion slices on each fillet. Bake fillets 12 to 15 minutes or until just cooked and fish flakes easily with a fork.
2. Meanwhile, remove white pith from oranges; cut into segments, then cut each segment in half. Transfer orange pieces to small bowl. Mince 1 tablespoon onion from remaining onion half and squeeze 1 tablespoon lime juice from remaining lime half; add to orange pieces with avocado, jicama, cilantro, jalapeno, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Serve with baked fish. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!