Grilled Salmon with Tomato-Ginger Relish
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 whole salmon fillets (3 to 3-1/2 lbs. each), with skin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 pints red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes, finely chopped (6 cups)
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh thyme sprigs, for garnish
DirectionsMake Tomato-Ginger Relish::
1. Combine all relish ingredients in bowl. Set aside.
2. Make Salmon Brush grill generously with vegetable oil; heat grill.
3. Brush both sides of salmon fillets with olive oil. Sprinkle both sides of fillets with salt and pepper. Sprinkle fresh thyme leaves on skinned side of each.
4. Grill one salmon fillet skin side up over medium* heat, 4 to 5 inches from heat source, 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Using two large metal spatulas, carefully turn salmon. Grill 5 to 10 minutes more or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer to serving platter; cover and keep warm. Clean grill; brush generously with vegetable oil. Repeat process with remaining salmon.
5. Serve Salmon with Tomato-Ginger Relish. Garnish with lime wedges and thyme sprigs, if desired. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- To test for medium heat, you should be able to hold your hand over the coals at the height of the food for 4 seconds before you have to pull away.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare Tomato-Ginger Relish. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving. Prepare Salmon. Cool fillets completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 6 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)21,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet