Halibut Steaks Wrapped in Bacon
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno chile
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 halibut or tuna steaks, 3/4- to 1-inch thick, 6 to 8 oz. each
- 8 slices bacon
1. Heat grill.
2. Combine lime juice, onion, oil, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and pepper in shallow glass dish. Marinate fish 10 minutes, turning once.
3. Arrange bacon in single layer between 2 sheets of paper towels. Microwave on 100 percent power (High) 3 to 4 minutes or until translucent. Wrap 2 slices of bacon over top and sides of each steak, securing with toothpicks.
4. Arrange steaks on grill, bacon side down. Grill over medium-low* heat 4 to 6 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove toothpicks. Makes 4 servings.
- To test for medium-low heat, you should be able to hold your hand over the coals at the height of the food for 5 seconds before you have to pull away.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)14,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!