Marinated Shrimp with Mango Relish
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 pounds medium shrimp in shells
- 2 mangos, diced fine
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 15 whole cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine pineapple juice, rum, the 1/4 cup lime juice, the chopped cilantro, the 1 tablespoon garlic, the 1 teaspoon salt, and the cracked black pepper in large bowl. Add shrimp, cover, and marinate in the refrigerator 2 to 4 hours.Make Mango Relish::
2. Combine all relish ingredients in medium bowl. Makes 2-3/4 cups.
3. Heat grill.
4. Thread shrimp on skewers and grill over medium-hot* heat until opaque throughout, 1 to 3 minutes per side. Spread Mango Relish on platter and arrange shrimp on top. Makes 6 servings.
- To test for medium-hot heat, you should be able to hold your hand over the coals at the height of the food for 3 seconds before you have to pull away.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare relish. Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!