Yield: 2 sandwiches Start to Finish 15 mins
- 1 6 1/4ounce can solid white tuna, packed in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon capers, drained
- pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- Choice of sandwich spread: White Bean Spread, Chipotle Mayonnaise, Peanut Hummus
- 2 tomato slices
1. Combine tuna, oil, lemon juice, capers and pepper in a bowl. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread, then spread desired spread on top of one buttered slice of bread. Layer sandwich with 1 tomato slice and half of the tuna mixture. Arrange second slice of bread, buttered side down, on top of tuna. Repeat with remaining ingredients for second sandwich. Makes 2 sandwiches.
- Fat, total(g)21,
- sat. fat(g)4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!