Moroccan Shrimp with Pomegranate Sauce
This delicately spiced seafood dish works well as a main course or an impressive appetizer.
- 1 quart pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups (4 oz) baby arugula
1. In a pot over high heat, stir together pomegranate juice, sugar and lemon juice until sugar dissolves. Boil until liquid thickens and is reduced to 1 cup, about 45 min.
2. Meanwhile, toss shrimp with cumin, coriander, cinnamon, salt and olive oil and stir to coat.
3. In a bowl, toss arugula with extra lemon juice and olive oil if desired. Place on a platter.
4. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook 2 min per side until pink and opaque; place on top of arugula. Pour sauce in a small dish for dipping. Makes 10 servings, or 4 servings for main course.
- Servings Per Recipe 10
- Fat, total(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet