- Nonstick spray coating
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 - 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 - 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless walleye fillets or other lean white-fleshed fish fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- Diagonally cut chives or green onion tops (optional)
1. Spray a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with nonstick coating; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, melt butter and stir in garlic and lemon juice. Rinse fillets. Cut into 6 servings, if necessary.
3. Place fillets in a single layer in baking pan. Brush with garlic-lemon butter; season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Sprinkle fish with Romano cheese and cover with bread crumbs. Drizzle the fish with any of the remaining garlic-lemon butter. (Note: Fish may be prepared up to this point, covered, and refrigerated up to 1 hour.)
5. Bake in a 450 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Transfer fillets to warm serving plates. If you like, sprinkle with chives or green onion tops. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)14,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet