- 2 pounds fresh spinach, stems removed
- 1/3 cup butter (no substitutions), melted and divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon anise-flavored liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 ounces shucked oysters on half shells
- 1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
1. Heat oven to 475 degree F. Wash spinach thoroughly and drain. Place spinach in a large skillet; cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 3 minutes. Drain. When cool enough to handle, squeeze dry and chop coarsely. Combine spinach, 4 tablespoons of the butter, lemon juice, liqueur, salt, and red pepper in medium bowl.
2. Place oysters in half shells on 2 jelly-roll pans. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the spinach mixture on each oyster. Combine bread crumbs and remaining butter in small bowl. Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon of the crumb mixture evenly on each oyster. Top each with a little crumbled bacon. Bake 8 minutes or until oyster is cooked. Makes 6 appetizer servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)14,
- sat. fat(g)7,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!