Roasted Cod with Peppers and Potatoes
- 1 pound fingerling or small red potatoes, halved
- 1 yellow sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 1 red sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 4 cloves garlic, skins on
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 3/4 pounds center-cut cod fillets, skin on, cut into 4 pieces
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Lemon wedges
1. Adjust rack in lower third of oven. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Arrange potatoes, sweet peppers and garlic on a jelly-roll pan. Toss with 2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast about 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender and peppers are golden. Transfer peppers and garlic to a cutting board. Squeeze garlic out of skin; finely chop garlic and peppers. Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil. Cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Meanwhile, rinse cod fillets and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on both sides of each fillet. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cod, skin side down, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until skin is crisp and golden brown. Arrange rosemary on top of fish. Transfer skillet to oven and roast 3 minutes. Turn fish; roast 3 minutes more, until fish is opaque and cooked through.
4. Spoon pepper mixture evenly on top of each fillet and serve with potatoes. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)15,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet