Roasted Salmon with Cilantro-Pesto Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts or slivered almonds
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 (6 oz. each) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees FMake Cilantro-Pesto Vinaigrette::
2. Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in blender. Pulse until finely chopped, then puree, scraping frequently until smooth. Set aside.Make Salmon::
3. Sprinkle the 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper on salmon. Heat vegetable oil in 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook salmon, skin side up, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Place in oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until salmon flakes when tested with a fork.
4. Let stand 15 minutes; cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. At serving time, drizzle with Cilantro-Pesto Vinaigrette. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)30,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!