Sauteed Shrimp and Mushrooms on Smashed New Potatoes and Peas
- 1 1/2 pounds small (2 inches in diameter) red and white new potatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 10 ounce box frozen peas, thawed
- 8 ounces small white or morel mushrooms, ends trimmed and quartered
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup small fresh mint leaves
1. Place potatoes in a 4-quart pot and cover with cold water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, add salt, and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. Drain in a colander and return potatoes to pot with 1-1/2 tablespoons oil; coarsely mash with fork. Stir in peas; salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm, covered.
2. Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over moderate high heat until hot but not smoking. Add mushrooms and saute, stirring, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons wine and cook until liquid evaporates. Transfer mushrooms to a bowl. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the shrimp to skillet; saute over moderately high heat, turning once, until golden brown and almost cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 2 tablespoons wine and cook until liquid evaporates. Transfer to bowl; salt and pepper to taste.
3. Serve shrimp and mushrooms over potatoes. Sprinkle with mint leaves. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)13,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet