Scrambled Eggs with Crab and Chives
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh lump or jumbo crabmeat, picked over and flaked
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives or minced green onion
- 9 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons heavy or whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add red bell pepper and cook until just tender, 3 minutes. Add crabmeat and cook until heated through, 2 minutes. Transfer to bowl and stir in chives. Cover and keep warm.
2. Return skillet to heat and add 2 tablespoons of the butter. Add eggs and 2 tablespoons of the cream; cook, gently stirring with spatula, until eggs begin to thicken, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add remaining 3 tablespoons cream, 2 tablespoons butter, and the salt and pepper; cook until thick and creamy, 2 minutes more. Stir in crabmeat. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)24,
- sat. fat(g)12,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!