Seafood Club Sandwich
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skinned
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 thin slices semolina or hearty peasant bread, toasted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 thin tomato slices
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1. For the Herb Mayonnaise, combine basil, dill, or tarragon; mayonnaise; 1 teaspoon lemon juice; 1/4 teaspoon pepper and shallot in small bowl. Set aside.
2. With narrow knife, slice salmon diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Combine maple syrup and 4 teaspoons lemon juice in cup.
3. Spread Herb Mayonnaise on one side of each slice toasted bread. Brush syrup mixture on both sides of salmon; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat until very hot. Cook half the salmon slices until opaque, 30 to 45 seconds per side. Remove to plate. Repeat process cooking remaining slices with remaining 1 teaspoon oil.
5. Layer each of 4 slices toast, mayonnaise-sides up, with salmon and a lettuce leaf, then a second slice of toast, sliced tomato, and 2 slices of bacon. Cover with third slice toast, mayonnaise-side down. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)33,
- sat. fat(g)6,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!