Shrimp and Pepper Fajitas
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, divided
- 8 flour tortillas
- Sour cream and salsa (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. In a large bowl, combine shrimp, 1 tablespoon each oil and lime juice, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, cumin, and chili powder. Stir to coat shrimp.
2. Heat remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onions until translucent, 5 minutes. Add peppers, remaining salt and pepper, stirring frequently, 5 minutes more. Stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro. Transfer to an ovenproof bowl and keep warm in oven.
3. Heat skillet over medium heat and add shrimp. Saute until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in remaining lime juice and cilantro. To serve, wrap each tortilla around vegetables and shrimp. Serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet