Shrimp and Peppers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 assorted bell peppers (red, yellow, and green), cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds medium shelled and deveined shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add peppers and cook 10 minutes. Add thyme and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook 6 minutes more, until peppers are very tender. Stir in garlic; cook 30 seconds. Transfer to serving platter.
2. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Toss in bowl with flour. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over high heat. Add shrimp to skillet; cook 3 minutes, turning once. Sprinkle shrimp with lemon juice and serve immediately over peppers. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)13,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!