Yield: 36 wedges Prep 45 mins Chill 8 hrs Bake 10 mins
- 3 medium fresh tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 6 ounce can tomato juice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper sauce
- half of a jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared cajun spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 16 ounce package shredded Mexican four-cheese blend
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 10 inch (burrito-size) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. For the salsa, combine tomatoes, tomato juice, onion, 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, red pepper sauce, jalapeno chile, garlic, cumin, and salt in medium bowl. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and chill 8 to 24 hours.
2. Arrange oven racks on upper and lower third of oven. Heat broiler. Arrange 6 medium poblano chiles (1 lb.) on a foil-lined broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from heat, 10 to 12 minutes, turning chiles until evenly charred. Wrap chiles tightly in foil and cool completely. Reduce oven temperature to 425 degree F.
3. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil in 12-inch skillet over high heat, 2 minutes. Toss shrimp, cajun spice, and salt in medium bowl. Add shrimp to hot skillet and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly browned. Transfer to a large bowl
4. Unwrap foil package; transfer chiles to a cutting board. Peel skin and discard seeds from chiles, then coarsely chop. Add chiles to bowl with shrimp and toss with Mexican four-cheese blend and chopped fresh cilantro.
5. Brush 2 large cookie sheets with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Arrange six 10-inch (burrito-size) flour tortillas on flat surface. Divide and cover half of each tortilla; fold tortilla over to cover filling. Arrange on prepared sheet. Brush top of each tortilla with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, switching and rotating cookie sheets between racks halfway through baking, until lightly browned. Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges and serve immediately with salsa. Makes 36 wedges.
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!