Shrimp Salsa Verde
To keep shrimp from spinning when flipping on the grill, thread on two skewers per serving.
- 20 wooden skewers
- 2 cups fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 anchovy fillets, drained
- 2 shallots or garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tail intact
1. Soak skewers in enough water to cover for 30 minutes before using so they don't burn..
2. For Salsa Verde, puree mint, parsley, anchovies, shallot or garlic, oil, water, pepper and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
3. Thread 3 shrimp through the head-end on one skewer; with a second skewer, thread through tail-end. Repeat with remaining shrimp and skewers. Brush both sides of shrimp with salsa Verde. (Can be assembled ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 4 hours.)
4. Prepare a covered grill for direct grilling. Grill shrimp, 3 minutes; turn skewers and grill 2 to 4 minutes more or until shrimp turn opaque and are lightly charred. Makes 4 servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Salsa can be made up to 24 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling.)
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)16,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet