Shrimp with Serranos
- 1 pound fresh or frozen peeled and deveined medium shrimp (thawed if frozen)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 - 3 fresh serrano or jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1. Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels; set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over moderately high heat. Add shallots and garlic; sauce, stirring, 1 minute. Add peppers and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, until they become opaque, 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in juice and cilantro. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)9,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!