Shrimp with Spinach and Garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound fresh spinach, rinsed, stemmed
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Steamed rice (optional)
- Crusty bread (optional)
1. Combine parsley, shallots, garlic, oil, salt, pepper, and lemon peel in 9-inch microwave proof pie plate. Add shrimp and toss to coat evenly. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place spinach with water clinging to its leaves in 2-quart microwave proof casserole. Cover and microwave on 100 percent power (High) 5 to 8 minutes, stirring once after 3 minutes. Set aside.
3. Cover shrimp and microwave on 50 percent power (Medium) 5 to 8 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Let stand 2 minutes.
4. Drain spinach and place on serving platter; top with shrimp. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with steamed rice and crusty bread, if desired. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)4,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet