Simple Shrimp Curry
- 2 green onions
- 1 pound medium shelled and deveined shrimp
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 12 ounce large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups cooked rice
1. Cut off dark green tops from onions and thinly slice. Chop remaining white potion of onions; set both aside.
2. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch skillet over high heat; add shrimp and cook 1 minute, turning once. Transfer to bowl.
3. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Reduce heat; add chopped white onions, ginger, and curry and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add tomato; boil 3 minutes, until mixture has slightly thickened. Add coconut milk and remaining salt; boil 1 minute. Stir in shrimp. Divide shrimp and rice between four serving bowls. Sprinkle top of each serving with sliced green onion tops. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)20,
- sat. fat(g)12,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!