Spiced Halibut on Tabbouleh Salad
- 1 1/4 cups bulgur
- 5 large plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup finely diced seedless cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallion, green part only
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for baking sheet
- 4 6 ounces halibut fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet or hot paprika
- 1 large pinch cinnamon
1. For Tabbouleh Salad, place bulgur in a large heatproof bowl and pour in 3 cups boiling water; stir and cover. Let bulgur soak until tender, about 40 minutes. Drain in a fine-mesh sieve and transfer to a dry bowl. Stir in tomatoes, parsley, cucumber, scallion, dill, juice, and 2 tablespoons oil; salt and pepper to taste.
2. Preheat broiler. Lightly oil a baking sheet. Rinse halibut and pat dry. Arrange on prepared baking sheet and brush tops with remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Stir together cumin, paprika, cinnamon, and season with salt; sprinkle over halibut.
3. Broil about 4 inches from flame without turning until golden on top, about 4 minutes. Turn broiler off and turn oven on to 450 degree F; roast halibut until just cooked through, about 4 minutes more. Serve over Tabbouleh Salad. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)14,
- sat. fat(g)2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet