Warm Salmon and Arugula Pasta Salad
Need a new way to serve salmon? Try this summery salad. The salmon is served with tomatoes, goat cheese, pasta, and greens to make a healthy main dish.
- 1 1 1/2pound salmon fillet with skin
- Finely grated fresh lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 1 pound package linguini fini
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small shallot, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 4 ounce log soft mild plain goat cheese, crumbled, plus additional for garnish
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- Freshly ground pepper, optional
1. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Rinse salmon and pat dry; place, skin side down, on baking sheet. Combine half of lemon zest, the coriander and 1 2 teaspoon kosher salt in a small bowl. Brush top of salmon with 2 teaspoons oil and rub with zest mixture. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil; add table salt. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes; drain.
3. Preheat broiler and arrange rack 4 inches from heat. Broil salmon 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well. Transfer on baking sheet to rack and let cool slightly.
4. Peel skin off salmon (discard skin) and flake into a large serving bowl. Add tomatoes, shallot, cheese, arugula, pasta, remaining lemon zest, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 3 tablespoons oil to bowl; toss gently to combine. Garnish with cheese and season with pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)29,
- sat. fat(g)9,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet