Cabbage and White Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups thinly sliced savoy or green cabbage
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 14 ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 14 1/2ounce can whole tomatoes in juice, chopped, juice reserved
- 1 cup water
- 2 15 ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed, divided
1. Heat oil in a large saucepot. Add cabbage, carrot, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and cook 2 minutes, until cabbage starts to wilt. Increase heat to high; add broth, tomatoes and their juice and water. Cover; bring to boil and cook 7 to 9 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
2. Meanwhile, reserve 1-1/4 cups beans; puree remaining beans in a food processor or blender.
3. Add reserved beans and bean puree to saucepot and cook 2 minutes more, until soup is heated through. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)7,
- sat. fat(g)1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!