Chicken Tomato Bisque
Yield: 5 cups Prep 30 mins Start to Finish 40 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 28 ounce can whole tomatoes with juice
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups (12 oz) shredded cooked chicken
1. In a 6-qt pot over medium-high heat, combine olive oil, carrot, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until onion is soft, 6 to 8 min. Stir in flour until vegetables are coated, then add tomatoes. Add broth and 1/2 tsp oregano and stir, breaking up tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook 8 to 10 min.
2. Working in small batches, puree soup in a blender or food processor and transfer back to pot. Stir in cream, salt and chicken and heat through. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper and serve garnished with remaining oregano. Makes 5 cups.
- Fat, total(g)13,
- sat. fat(g)5,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!