Corn and Lobster Chowder
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 2 ears corn, shucked and kernels removed, or 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 bottle (8 oz.) clam juice or 1 can (13-3/4 oz.) chicken broth plus water to equal 2 cups
- 8 ounces red potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely diced green bell pepper
- 8 ounces frozen lobster meat, picked over and cut up
- Crusty bread, optional
1. Melt butter in Dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in onion and celery; cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook vegetables 6 minutes or until softened. Add corn; cover and cook 5 minutes more.
2. Stir in flour; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add clam juice-water mixture, potatoes, salt, white pepper, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir lobster, cream and red and green bell peppers into soup; simmer 3 to 4 minutes more or until lobster is cooked through. Remove bay leaf. Serve with crusty bread, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 6
- Fat, total(g)29,
- sat. fat(g)18,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!