Corn, Zucchini, and Tomato Chowder
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels, divided (from 6 ears)
- 1 14 1/2ounce can chicken broth
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cover and cook until onions are softened, 3 minutes.
2. Stir in 2 cups of the corn and chicken broth; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 minutes. Puree soup in batches in blender; return to saucepan. Add remaining 1 cup corn, zucchini, and tomato. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream, basil, and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)11,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!