Matzo Ball Soup
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 packet matzo ball mix (from a 5-oz. box)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 4 ounce cans (14-1/2 oz. each) chicken broth
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
1. Beat eggs and 2 tablespoons oil in bowl with fork; add matzo ball mix, stirring with fork until smooth. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery; cook 3 to 4 minutes, until tender. Add broth and pepper; bring to a boil.
3. Stir dill into matzo mixture; shape by level tablespoons into 18 walnut-size balls, dropping each into hot broth during shaping. When broth returns to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 to 18 minutes, until matzo balls have doubled in size and are cooked through. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4
- Fat, total(g)16,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet