- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium onions, chopped (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 medium potatoes, diced (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 6 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1 ounce can (19 oz.) chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 5 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 apple, chopped
1. In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Saute carrots, onions, potatoes, and garlic until the onions are translucent, 10 minutes.
2. Add the chicken stock and simmer over medium-low heat until the vegetables are soft, 20 minutes more.
3. Stir in chickpeas, chichen, coconut milk, and curry powder and simmer until hot.
4. Garnish each serving with cilantro and apple, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)16,
- sat. fat(g)10,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!