Roasted Carrot and Squash Soup
Yield: 7-1/2 cups Prep 25 mins Cook 425°F1 hr
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 cups squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 ounce cans (14-1/2 oz. each) vegetable broth
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Sour cream and/or fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Heat oven to 425 degree F. In a large bowl, toss carrots, squash, onion, and ginger with olive oil. Transfer to a jelly-roll pan in an even layer. Roast until vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
2. Transfer vegetables to a large saucepan. Add broth, water, cream, salt, and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer 10 minutes. Stir in butter. Puree soup in batches in food processor until smooth. Top each serving with sour cream and chopped cilantro, if desired. Makes 7-1/2 cups.
- Fat, total(g)8,
- sat. fat(g)3,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say “Yes” to Ladies' Home Journal® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE - 2 full years (22 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Ladies' Home Journal® Family Favorites Cookbook ABSOLUTELY FREE!