Sausage, White Bean, and Escarole Soup
- 1 pound sweet or hot Italian sausage links
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 19 ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 pound escarole, chopped (about 6 cups)
- 2 14 1/2ounce cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/3 cup finely grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. Remove sausage from casings by trimming tops and squeezing from ends. Heat tablespoon oil in a heavy 5-quart pot over moderately high heat. Add sausage and cook, stirring and breaking up clumps, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
2. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon oil, the onion, and rosemary to same pot; cook over moderate heat, stirring, until onion is softened, about 3 minutes. Add sausage, beans, escarole, broth, and tomatoes; simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
3. Ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Makes 8 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 8
- Fat, total(g)27,
- sat. fat(g)8,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet